11-16-2013   #8 (permalink)
Light
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
If your desktop will be purely for gaming, you should look for an Intel CPU.
See the benchmarks here: AnandTech Portal | The Vishera Review: AMD FX-8350, FX-8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 Tested.
Here is where I melt the entire debate on "Intel is better than X" stuff. No matter what you get, you'll have 60 FPS with both brands. The only reason to spend extra on an Intel chip is for higher benchmarking scores (Bragging rights) or working with physics intense software.

Having used both, I've not felt preference towards either AMD or Intel because of said fact. It used to matter in the past, but technology evolves faster than the games do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibak
Also I´m not really a fan of already built systems, because there´s always some trade-off with RAM, grafic cards and the like. If you´re capable, build your own system from scratch. Saves money, too.
Here is where I not only agree, but it's also a proven fact that a corner is cut to save on costs. With the brand name filling in the hole to try and justify the price tag.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!