View Single Post
11-16-2013   #6 (permalink)
Mega
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Bleh...turns out it's not much better than my 3 year old laptop....that's sad.

So now I'm looking at attempting to build my first gaming desktop. Newegg was the first website that popped into my mind and I found they recommend other parts when you choose a part. Only problem is I wouldn't know if they worked together or not!

I found this CPU which I'm liking and the reviews are good. I'm looking at graphics cards now but ran into something called a support video card (I'm guessing that's when you have 2 graphics cards working together?) However I have no idea what kind of graphics card to look at, though I really want to stick with Asus now (that's the company that my laptop came from).

AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX - Newegg.com

EDIT: Found this package deal with that CPU that's only $100ish more than the Dell XPS 8700...and this one has a newer graphics card as part of the package.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...=Combo.1469886

Last edited by Mega; 11-16-2013 at 04:52 AM.