View Single Post
07-25-2013   #24 (permalink)
EgnigemCenia
ggFTW Fan

EgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
Or stick to the projects that the FB community is doing. ^^;
Like illegally profiting off of private servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrille
Even though everybody else already said it, I kinda doubt that anybody will be willing to pick up Trickster due to its crash and burn effect, plus the fact that newer plays got to see with while it began its death("Hey guys, I have an idea! Let's just give away half the game for an event!"). Even if they consider it, a lot of people could have been strayed away due to that. I mean, it'd be really cool for us who like the game based on its story, but then they'd have to convince the Korean producers to give it once more, and I'm sure they watched the burn with dismay and may not want people from their servers to look upon the English version.
It was the company's fault entirely that it died because NTreev/SGi/GameRage never did anything (quite literally) to help the game. In 2012 they decide to add a hack shield after being without one for five years. And they add... the industry's worst.

If the game died due to the American hosting company (NTreev/SGi/GameRage), I don't see why that would shy away other producer, if anything their job is a bit easier because they can get compliments for just doing a better job (which isn't hard).

Trickster didn't die due to the players - far from it. The company that hosted it doing one stupid thing after another is what did it. Even down to their shut down announcement that tried to redirect the blame to an "unknown" cause by saying "all good things must come to an end" and the fact that they tried so desperately to sucker people into playing their other bland, buggy (and GameGuard infested) and mediocre games afterward.