View Single Post
06-30-2013   #32 (permalink)
NoobJr
ggFTW Fan

NoobJr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's also impossible to implement this kind of thing one class at a time because this is a revamp that changes the skill mechanics of the entire game.
I'm not sure about that. The skill tree code may be different, but it doesn't seem too troublesome to have other characters using the old skill tree while they don't have a new one.
A more likely reason for doing it all at once is that they wanted to rebalance everyone's damage at once, since they intended to lower it all to make dungeons more balanced.
It still seems like a better long term choice to do them one by one, though. Not just to do a better job of it, but to minimize the drama. But again, it would've been a costly process.

Quote:
but complaining about having to choose between the physical Assault Slash and the magical Sword Wave? That's just being pedantic.
The problem with that choice is that Sword Wave charges up a crapton of WoTS, making it useful in any layout. Since there's no more damage dealing skills, the strongest playstyle now is to go through WoTS really fast, making it a much better choice than Assault Slash for any build.
So by putting a not bad skill like Assault Slash against a much more technically useful skill like Sword Wave, they're pretty much removing Assault Slash, even though it's a good skill.

Quote:
You only have 4/8 skill slots to begin with.
My issue with having only 11 skills is that you'll hardly have the flexibility to change your layout if you want to play different for a bit. It really can get boring to have the same skills for too long.
People without B slot may not feel that as much, but 11 skills doesn't seem like much for a max level character. Especially when it looks like they won't ever be adding more after this.

Quote:
No, "newbie-friendly" would be removing SP resets from the cash shop and making them free to allow players to experiment with multiple skills and builds firsthand instead of having to look up builds and planners on external fansites.
There are varying degrees of newbie-friendliness. Trust me, I'm a noob.
Right now the most unfriendly aspect I see is not being able to try out the skills you have to choose from. You HAVE to look it up or choose based on text only. Even Grand Chase doesn't have that problem.

---

Quote:
Including the new ones we have now, theyre adding 100 new skills. That is variety.
Already went through why the binary choice kills variety much more than the skills add, and how it should've been done to actually add variety.
...wait, weren't these all the 100 skills? Did they say they're still adding more? Because there's only so much time with the SP reset, and the skill trees seem pretty finished.

Quote:
It just sounds like you're complaining about having to put thought into your builds when really, it's what should have been in place at the very start of the game.
No, I agreed that the system itself isn't inherently bad (and neither was the previous one), just the way they did it is lazy and full of problems. And I've been talking about all these problems.

Quote:
They don't test everything. It'd delay updates too long.
I hear they had a test server for the field update? I wasn't around at the time so I didn't see people talking about it, but if they're not gonna test it, at least don't do it all at once and affect everyone for maximum drama.

Quote:
They're being generous giving out free sp resets for two weeks.
They'd be idiots not to do so.
They might consider this a test phase, even though the system change is permanent, but the backlash is really to be expected since people don't deal with that very well. And since they made sure to get the most backlash they could, I don't know how they intend to get any good feedback out of this. So, bad way to carry it out.