View Single Post
06-29-2013   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Originally Posted by NoobJr
Well, I said MOST classes were weakened, as in they have incredibly reduced damage compared to before. So we don't see as much crazy OHKOing in dungeons, so party play seems much more balanced. Now I hopefully won't be getting the big white message telling me I'm useless because everything dies before I even get to them.

But soloing was very well balanced for my character, and now he's underpowered. But most importantly, he's boring to me. I have no more will to solo things just for fun.
I think the only solution to that really is to take another long break from the game (for the first time, not because I got bored of it), and come back with a fresh mind. a.k.a playing horribly and relearning everything.
Hopefully they'll have mostly rebalanced things until then.
But I still have to stick with it for a month to use up the free selling service tickets I've been given. Not that I'm selling much, with the huge deflation.
Sounds more like you're complaining about your class being nerfed than the actual system being flawed.

Having to choose between PvP and PvE in a game that highlighs both is bad game design, plain and simple. They REALLY need to rethink that.
Highlighting both PvE and PvP isn't a good idea in MMOs either because not everyone necessarily enjoys being forced to do PvE in order to PvP. Plenty of people want to stick to just one side of the game.

A better solution would be to allow players to have two separate builds - one for PvP and one for PvE.

And that surprised me because, despite imbalance issues and arguably selling power, they've really stayed on the side of good game design until now.
This is completely opinionated and I would rather not discuss the entire history of Elsword case by case, so I'll just say I disagree and leave it at that.

The issues people have with it I think can be summed up in:
-Instead of 90%, you now have 30% of your skills. A bit extreme.
I hope you're aware that 90% is also extreme. 30% may be a little too restrictive, but there is nothing inherently wrong with making choices.

-Not all classes got cool stuff. I've heard mixed reactions to Aisha, but I can only comment on Rune Slayer since it's the only character I play. And I already did that.

-Skills are broken and unbalanced because they DIDN'T PLAY TEST THIS THING. What the hell?
Balance issues can be argued during any point in the history of the game, not just this skill tree update.

People can ask KOG what the hell they were thinking when they made Night Watcher with such situational skills and low damage output. Elemental Masters and Grand Archers had to deal with unreliable melee strings and MP gaining methods for years in a game where those things are important for a class to function.

That's still a more personal gripe about a class being nerfed than a universal problem with the system.

-The forced binary choice of skills doesn't fit in the game and needlessly lowers variety.
"Variety"? You're telling me your build before this update had "variety" when it involved maxing everything and just spamming Sword Fire/Sword Enchant? The binary choice forces variety because you can't get everything.

There is nothing wrong with choosing between two different variations of Rising Slash, Revolver Cannon, Heaven's Fist, Shockwave, etc.

I will agree however that there are some cases where both skill choices are essential and we shouldn't be forced to choose between them, like Maelstrom Rage/Rage Cutter, Fire Fist/Sword Enchant, etc.