View Single Post
06-11-2013   #7 (permalink)
Light
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I use the webcam as a symbol of trust when talking to someone in a personal conversation should they have one.
If they could trust me enough to show themselves then it helps make for an easier time opening up a little more to them.

Although unless the person is nearby then you shouldn't hold your breath about being in an actual relationship with them, keep it distant to avoid complications.

This happened to me once where I attempted to keep my distance to avoid being hurt, the person who was attached to me was only really doing so because I was around to talk too and I attempted to help her with her personal issues as they arose. But when I wasn't around for a long while she'd get all upset and clingy like it was a real relationship, it bothered her more than me because she didn't distance herself as I did.

In future situations like this you should remember to keep your distance and avoid devotion by saying "She's the one" when it comes to talking to someone you don't know online, because even if they sound like the perfect person, one must not forgot that those on the internet have no identity unless it's provided in real time. Until then they are simply a fantasy of your own imagination as to who and what the person truly is, until reality hits you like a ton of bricks.

This is especially common with males pretending to be females and the lonely man who seeks a potential relationship creates his fantasy world where "she" truly is the woman of his dreams.

tl;dr version: Always distance yourself to avoid being hurt and avoid developing a fantasy world where you blind yourself from attempting to realize the truth.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!