View Single Post
05-23-2013   #1 (permalink)
Mega
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Newer protections for computers.

It's been a couple of years since I asked people what kind of security and stuff they use, and asking about what I use as well.

I just tried using Ubuntu on my laptop and turns out it doesn't play well with my Atheros wifi card (5 gigs for an OS is awesome...) so I had to find a clean install for Windows 7.

Anyway for my active Anti-Virus I'm still using Avast! Then I have Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes, and SpywareBlaster for back up. Then for "upkeep" I have CCleaner + CCenhancer, Defraggler, JetClean, and Remove Empty Directories (recently found these two) and Revo Uninstaller instead of windows uninstall.

The thing is I've been reading online that you really only need Avast + Spybot or Malwarebytes and nothing else for security, while others say they use all 3 of those and SuperAntiSpyware. So I was wondering if I'm going overboard with my programs or not lol. My laptop is an Asus G37JH made for gaming, so I know the less stuff the better so it doesn't get bogged down.

(Also I'm going to try out Google Chrome and see if it feels any better than the last time I used it compared to Firefox)