View Single Post
03-24-2013   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
ElswordMapleStoryTalesweaverTrickster Online
Valor is a jewel in the roughValor is a jewel in the roughValor is a jewel in the roughValor is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gremms / Valor
Class: Soul Reaper / Mercenary to_mercenary
Level: 51 / 206

1. How difficult was it taking the closure all in?
Trickster had been part of my life since I was 13 years old, and I'm 20 now. Knowing that it was going to shut down was kind of painful to watch. However, I stopped really playing and only popped in for a few months at a time after about 2010, my memories had come and gone by that time already.

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s).
Elsword, since 2010 or so. Now PSO2 JP and occasionally MapleStory/ACE Online

3. With the closure hitting most of the community hard, would you rejoin eTO if it were to re-open?

4. Would you start over, as in lost of everything if eTO were to re-open?
Again, absolutely. I cared more about my Buffalo himself than the gear he had on, I wouldn't mind remaking him if I had to.

5. Did you felt it wasn't right for eTO to close this early? (This involves knowing that bans, bugs, GameGuard, glitches, and hackers were harming the community.)
While the game was headed in a poor, cash-driven direction by the developers, there were potential ways to alleviate that for F2P players. But we don't know how much power SGI had over eTO, perhaps they weren't allowed to change things without developer consent?

In my eyes though, its not the game/developer's fault. It was ENTIRELY SGI. There was no excuse to 7767 players, to bring back GameGuard even though it had already proven to be cancer, no reason not to fix glitches, and they cared so little about hackers that they didn't even ban the galder-exploit guy until it started raising public attention.

Basically, SGI did such a piss-poor job handling the game that its almost like the wanted to get rid of it. I don't necessarily blame the GMs, but I will be more than happy to place any and all blame on their higher-ups; those guys handled the company even worse than Nexon does with theirs. That's saying something.

Last edited by Valor; 03-24-2013 at 10:27 PM.