View Single Post
03-24-2013   #19 (permalink)
Mega
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Well I finally got to test her out myself. She doesn't feel like Karma anymore... :/

I posted this in the Karma Ability Rework thread on the PBE forums. My opinions comparing her old self to her new self.

Quote:
My thoughts so far...

***Note playing her as a support, and not in that many games yet***

---Her Mantra'd skills don't really feel like "Ultimates" to me still. She's still too dependent upon AP to be a normal support type character like Sona or Nami that don't need AP to be effective.

---Her Passive...I really miss the extra AP you were given depending on how much HP you had, is there no way you could incorporate that somewhere in her new kit? Playing her as a support where you don't build that much (if any) AP was where the free AP from her old passive helped a lot.

The new version of her passive honestly has little use to me when you're focusing on assisting your team and not attacking the enemy team.

---Her Q doesn't feel like it fits her anymore. Her old one used to hit everything in a cone in front of her, but her new Q detonates even if goes anywhere next to a minion if I'm aiming for a champion. Not to mention you can't heal your team with it anymore. Maybe somehow take her old Q and make it look like energy in a cone instead of throwing fans? Or maybe I'm just bad at using skill shots

---Her W feels pretty useless to me besides the root at the end of it. Maybe if the team heal was moved to this somehow I would use it more, but like the old Karma I don't use it hardly at all. At least the old one you could use on allies and move around the map faster. What if you made the mantra version almost like Morgana's ultimate? Where it attaches to any nearby enemies and roots for the # seconds or whatever? That would make it feel more ultimate-y to me at least...

---Her E is about the only thing that reminds me of the old Karma. Being able to protect yourself or an ally right before you/they die and giving a chance to kill the opponent before they kill you. The speed boost moved from W to this is a bit weird though. The mantra version is probably my favorite out of her whole kit now since it shields and speed boosts EVERYONE around the target it is used on.

***THE ONLY problem I have with her E is that the huge BOOM sound that the old mantra'd version had isn't on this one, so it doesn't sound as empowered to me when I use it.***

---Her R honestly should have been left alone. One charge per team fight really doesn't feel right when you're so used to being able to shoot an AoE spell + heal the team, then shield someone that also damages the enemies around them. So just a question about her R then. Why did you decide to lower it to 1 instead of being able to hold 2 at a time? I know that her passive helps cool it down faster, but the base cooldown is a lot higher than the old version. If her mantra'd spells aren't dealing that much damage to enemies, I don't see why she shouldn't be able to hold 2 still.

==============================

Anyway I might just be playing her the wrong way, but these are my opinions of the new Karma playing her how I play her on the live server as a "normal" support.