03-19-2013   #56 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my two-cents on the Steubenville rape mess (mind you, I'm not following it hardcore at all):

People make mistakes, especially high school students. It is clear that these people really had no concept of what rape really was. Should their lives be completely ruined because of one decision made out of arrogance/ignorance? I don't think so. Now, I do believe they should be punishment because it's flat-out disgusting and wrong. However, there's a line to which I think they should be punished. It's really annoying to read the feminazi posts on Tumblr in which they effectively vilify the two guys. This is one of the few cases where I would say that some of the blame of the rape can actually be attributed to the victim. Not to say it's all her fault, but she undoubtedly made a horrible decision that night.

I think the guys deserved the sentence they got, I definitely agree that the media has been a touch biased, but also at the same time the girl made some awful decisions that night as well.