03-17-2013   #470 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonousFrog
I think what killed the game is that they didnt have any sort of advertisement anywhere... There would RARELY be new players, and more old players left than players that tried the game out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoconut
^ This. I had to agree on this. No advertisement whatsoever, leaving Trickster only with old players with a few new players. I still see Iris Online advertisement even though the game is already dead for like almost half a year.

I guess they didn't want to advertise Trickster because they knew it was going to end sooner or later.
Advertisements (or lack thereof) is not a major factor. It is a contributing factor, but not the main factor. The main factor would just be poor management in general. Once they started the slurry of MyShop set after set following the release of Nyxx/Noxx, the game went on a huge downward spiral. Hell, most people I knew that quit quit because SGI was a bad company (and then because also their friends/guilds were moving on too).