View Single Post
03-16-2013   #36 (permalink)
Mazuiko
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

1. How difficult was it taking the closure all in?
It was pretty strange. I know people on these forums, including myself, had occasioanlly spoken about the possibility of TO closing, but I personally never saw it coming, well, at least not so soon anyway. I pretty much managed to accept it anyway, considering I hadn't really played or logged on for about a month or two before the annoucement of its closure.

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s).
I'm still playing the same games I always used to play even when I was still playing TO; Audition Online and Pangya. At the moment I'm incredibly glued to Pangya but I still pop onto Audition a lot.

3. With the closure hitting most of the community hard, would you rejoin eTO if it were to re-open?
Definitely! Even though I got bored of it and stopped playing for a while, I still adored my characters and was proud of all the time and money I spent on them.

4. Would you start over, as in lost of everything if eTO were to re-open?
I guess we'd have no other choice really, in which case I wouldn't mind. Even if the game went back to beta status if it came back, I'd love that.

5. Did you felt it wasn't right for eTO to close this early? (This involves knowing that bans, bugs, GameGuard, glitches, and hackers were harming the community.)
Personally no. I feel like it was closed due to lack of problem solving and had nothing to do with money. I don't know what their real reasons were but we all know they had a lot of problems and the main ones never seemed to get fixed, so it almost felt like they gave up. I know this game had a lot more potential and I was always looking forward to seeing what the new updates were, even if I didn't plan to even log on and play.

As time has gone on though, I've realised I'm missing TO more and more as I play other games. I keep having images in my head of the characters, just running around on certain maps and doing things and I miss it.