View Single Post
02-26-2013   #330 (permalink)
Light
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by poringslasher
OK. since most of you guys have already played GW2, how is the gaming experience? i've been hyped with GW2 after watching Angry Joe Guild Wars 2 review on youtube. damn him.
I was absolutely hyped, perhaps too much so.
After playing for just a week I had nothing left to do besides high level dungeons, the end game of GW2 was severely lacking and even after some more content patches it still didn't give much aside from a single dungeon that improves its difficulty as you keep beating it. (Fractals)

It was only a few months after that I had quit and moved on to other things, which was sad because I really wanted to love this game.
I can't speak for any updates beyond December which may have actually added something better than repetitive dungeon play, so you'll have to read up on that information to find out.

Arenanet also likes to punish players for attempting to make any in-game money, as the economy is the worst I've ever seen in a video game you have to either pay for gold or get extremely lucky. If you find any quick way to make money then you'll be branded as an exploit abuser and banned, even if you did it unintentionally.

Seriously I'm always one of the richest players in every single game I've ever played but in GW2 I'm lucky enough to get more than 50 gold a month without slamming my wallet into the screen. It's pretty rage inducing trying to keep up with the cash buyers in that regard when they've got 300g+ with the best gear just because they can pour hundreds into the game for their gold.

PvP wise the game is alright though, had a number of balancing issues when I played but it's at least more entertaining than repeating the same tired dungeon.

If you can enjoy playing WoW or Tera for years on end without getting bored, then maybe GW2 can work for you.
I do hope they actually finish the game soon enough since they didn't finish it before releasing it, I'd love to give it a try again when they keep to their promises of delivering a solid game that can entertain for years.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!