02-15-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Lost SagaLa TaleRusty Hearts
KrEmEyDeMi will become famous soon enough
Class: Captain Hook to_warrior
Level: 87
Guild: Itadakimasu / Nameless
Default Lost Saga's Move

Well, I know these forums regarding Lost Saga have been dead since the past-forever.

In regards to the game itself, I suppose I'll just post this for the hell of it. The game will be changing hosts, so from this day forward it is no longer hosted by OGPlanet. Starting February 26th it will be hosted by WeMade USA.

"[About WeMade USA & IO Entertainment]

IO Entertainment is one of Wemade's subsidiaries!

IO Entertainment was founded in 2001 and developed Korea’s very first online action game, <Survival Project>. Since then, IO Entertainment has developed and provides services for the next generation in online action gaming, <Lost Saga>.

<Lost Saga> is the result of over 10 years of development experience and has been successfully received by players in Korea. IO Entertainment plans to take this success and introduce <Lost Saga> to China and eventually, the world."

Quoted from their FaceBook page:

Their site:

Well, that's pretty much that for people who don't know. If anyone see's this or plans on giving the new version a try, I'll meet you there~

On a side note, why does it got to be on the 26th? Agh... That's my birthday, I have enough trouble since DW7:Empires is released on the same day

So I forgot to mention details on what people are apparently afraid of, or anxious over. The word is simple, "Transfers". So far word on both companies agreeing to a "transfer" of items, is an issue. There are two sides to the controversy, which leave with a "Transfer" or "No Transfer" Situation.

1. Transfer: Pretty simple, a lot of long time players desire to keep their stuff, and a majority of them have spent quite a lot of money on just this game. Of course, that leads to a balance issue to the initial release of the new version. Let's say a transfer did happen and players were able to keep all of their stuff. As a PvP oriented game, this is a big issue, since most new players would be discouraged and bashed upon by the players who already have more heroes, gears, etc. Which ties in to situation #2

2. No Transfer: Everyone gets a fresh start, game balance won't be entirely an issue until later on when players build upon themselves. It would seem more like a new game to many, but most long-term veteran players would be sore over the idea that they would lose all of their work and money, in an instant. Understandable, who wouldn't? But WeMade has stated there may be a "Compensation" if that happens. How good this compensation is, is unknown at the moment.

Well that's the jist of it, either way it turns out would serve as entertainment to me. It is simply because it is a situation out of the "player's" control.
Laugh at thy neighbor pretend you were sane just the same, you survived in vain.

Last edited by KrEmEyDeMi; 02-15-2013 at 09:21 PM.