View Single Post
02-04-2013   #900 (permalink)
Sakurah
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

31 hour maint? o____o;; Jeezus.

Okay, so I thought this would never happen to me, but it did. I caught a fake $20. o___o; Thankfully the customer was very nice and didn't blow up on me, tho she got snotty with me in the end about breaking a $100 and demanding that I mark the $20s I gave back to her. I don't have full stock on the pens, so I did my usual counterfeit tests: the groove check and watermark check. I felt no grooves and I did not see either watermark, I used the pen as the last confirmation on the fake. The bills I gave back to her were clean. :/

Understandably I'd be pissed too. And if you're getting bills back, especially from the bank, you can check to see if it's counterfeit, 'cause once you get it, you're stuck with it and police will probably be involved (they were tonight). For me, easiest is the groove test, where you can feel along the grooves on their suits or even faces and the watermarks, you just hold the bill up in the light and check for a strip and a 'ghost portrait' of the bill (let's say Ben Franklin on the $100USD, the ghost portrait are usually on the right-most of the bill).

I don't know how it is for other countries much less Canada however. BUT YEAH that's how my evening went. PS: They also started the renovation. I AM SO LOST NOW.