View Single Post
01-29-2013   #13 (permalink)
Esperetta
⊙__⊙
Games
Perfect WorldEther Saga OdysseyLa TaleLegend of Edda

Esperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Esperetta Send a message via Yahoo to Esperetta Send a message via Skype™ to Esperetta
IGN: Esperetta
Class: Everything to_champion
Level: 0-24x
Guild: Space Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Honestly I don't think it justifies the use of it. Just because a few people you talked to said that they would be okay with it doesn't mean the person who owns the SSN would be okay with it. I would be very concerned if someone got a hold of my SSN number like that for sure. I don't know how those numbers are used in Thailand, but the fact that they exist must mean they are used for something right?

There are people who "borrow" children's SSN numbers in the US to get a loan or a house or other things like that. So when the kid grows up they find out they they owe a whole ton of money.
(here's an article about it). I understand that it's a game so it's not of that magnitude, but still, it's not worth it imo.

Now the chances of you actually getting caught is up in the air, but it's still clearly illegal. I guess I'm just trying to say it's "at your own risk."
That's exactly right. SSN's in Thailand are used for opening bank accounts and important stuff like that. To be honest, if I had an SSN I'd of been extremely leery of using it even for an online game like this.

I think a true test of a person's character is whether they have ethics and morals when nobody's looking.