View Single Post
01-27-2013   #259 (permalink)
Rydia
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Do bear in mind that it could be they aren't allowed to fix it. When a new publisher picks up a game, they can't simply do whatever the hell they want with it, they still need permission to make changes, which includes bug fixes.
Yes, I have a SS of Raven in game saying that even if she knew how to fix something SHE CAN'T so I am pretty sure, at least near the end, they had very limited power in editing the game. Someone on the official fourm has even claimed a GM said that kTO MADE them add gameguard back. But I guess that's just gossip.

Also anyone who has been playing the game since the summer knows what GameGuard did, yes there were a lot of other factors that lead to the game becoming less popular but last summer things seemed fine...and I even thought they were looking up. They had fixed a lot of 7677s added all that new shit and then....gameguard. The population drop was so drastic and noticable almost overnight...

IDK much about MMOs and how they decide to shut down but even though things got really shitty with gameguard I wonder if they had been planning to shut down even before that. Do they make the decision to kill a game within 6 months? I guess we will never know. ]:

I'd ask Loki questions but I'm pretty sure they would all fall under the "I'm not allowed to answer that" category ._.

Last edited by Rydia; 01-27-2013 at 04:37 AM.