01-26-2013   #30 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
The only reason why Trickster had less script kiddies, is simply because it was less known by many people. Also, Nexon NA keeps the GG/Protection programs pretty up to date (there are less script kiddies now than ever before).
The hacking situation is still pretty bad in MapleStory and would be probably just as bad in Trickster. Not to mention there would be gold farmers too probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Also consider the fact that Trickster itself is a really dated game. Gameguard is broken as hell with no permanent fix after x amount of years (back when I played Trickster in late 2009, that's when the gameguard issues started with vista). Even if Nexon thought of picking up Trickster, would they as a company want to devote themselves to weeding out the many bugs and broken BS that Ntreev/SGI left behind? Would it really be efficient to get the publishing rights to Trickster, hoping that new players will be attracted to this game instead of newer games which are f2p (TERA as of a week from now, PSO2 come spring, and so forth) and also sport newer features such as a lot of character customization, wasd action gameplay, and so forth?

Trickster's fanbase is a lot smaller than it was when I played/before ololololrevolutioneclipsestupidrevamps that killed pretty much all good social interaction in the game from grind areas like Path to Oops, Bugbears, Norasprays (before Ghost Blue derped for many years) and so forth. I don't see why Nexon would pick up this game unless they were cocky or determined enough to pull in players from their other more up-to-date games to a dated game like Trickster that is fated to die.

This is just my personal opinion as a CB/OB Trickster player who quit a long time ago for greener pastures.
This is the reality Trickster faces. It's just too old for it to be made into something at this point. The likelihood of it actually being published by a different company is slim and even if it were to be published again, the company that picked it up would have a big mess on their hands.