View Single Post
01-26-2013   #7 (permalink)
Almora
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Yeah, this honestly isn't a favorite of mine either. I've seen it probably twice since it came out, and yet nothing about it really sticks out in my mind. Comparatively, there are much more lovable Studio Ghibli films, like My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo, as well as other films from the studio that just have better writing and better execution, like Grave of the Fireflies.
OMFG that film was so ****ing sad. It's unbelievable how clearly those haunting images/scenes are still burned into my memory.

BUT GUESS WHAT. Ima be that one depressing ***** that will nominate it next month. No one steal my thunder

Quote:
Not that its a bad film by any means, but its comparably one of the less likable films from them. It's just a more recognizable film to an American audience, and I feel like that's the reason that it got the nomination for January.
P. much. I watch all of these films in japanese with subs btw. I'm sure even if it was a dubbed version I still wouldn't like it.