View Single Post
01-23-2013   #1 (permalink)
Griever
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default Black Desert Online - Sandbox Action MMO

Here's one to look out for. If you mixed Lord of the Rings, the Civilization series and C9 along with a pinch of Lunia/RaiderZ, Black Deserts is what you'd get.

Quote:
Black Desert Online is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG with amazing graphics and a large scale sandbox world to explore. The first game from the Pearl Abyss studio (founded by by the original producer of Continent of the Ninth) includes a variety of features, from spectacular horse riding (including horse-drifting, a feature inspired by Red Dead Redemption) and combat to strategy-oriented castle sieges, trading, the option to buy any house in the cities and more. There’s even a parkour element to the character movement, much in the way we’ve seen in Assassin’s Creed.
(Watch in 1080p)

BDO has:
-HOUSES! You can build your own house in the game.
-ARPG Combat, because if you're playing point-and-click in 2013, there's no hope for you.
-SEAMLESS world - no loading times in between maps.
-Thirds person OR first person view. You can change this, depending on what you want to do.
-Fully-functional economy and political system - elections, taxing NPC shops, etc.
-RTS elements, siege warfare.
-Guild vs. Guild combat
-Combat on HORSEBACK!
-Parkour/freerunning
-Ridiculously realistic character faces. The Black Mage looks like a human being.

The only bad thing I have to say about this game, is that the word looks a bit TOO realistic. It looks like Medieval Europe. I wish there were more fantasy elements to it, because the only fantasy I see are in the Mage characters and enemies, not the world itself.

56K warning. :P