View Single Post
01-13-2013   #35 (permalink)
Almora
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Saturday: My internet is blown out because my stupid neighbor's gardeners cut down EVERYONE'S TELEPHONE LINE CABLES while pruning their goddamn trees. Guess what? They ****ing scatter like rats after I hear a loud boom. Called AT&T to schedule a technician to come fix it. Latest they said they'll come is on Wednesday. A few days without internet? I can survive, not a big deal.

Today: AT&T technician guy comes, which was great. Temporarily fixed our telephone line, but says he needs to bring in a completely new set because the neighbor's gardeners completely butchered that shit to bits. WTF. Internet is up, ok.

Back to Saturday: Okay, playing on my computer with an rpg I downloaded a few months ago to keep me busy. After a few hours, my computer suddenly blacks out and restarts itself. "Okay, it probably just needed a forced restart by itself to restore virtual memory space because I had browsed tumblr gifs a few days ago and my computer is ancient." <- It has done that before so I'm not worried at this point.

Back to today: After technician guy left, I start up Firefox to check my daily stuff. Everything is fine and dandy until I my computer suddenly blacks out again. "Okay, no problem, I'll restart it myself since it's apparently frozen with a black screen."

After the restart and a few minutes in, it blacks out again. This time, I wait it out, but nothing happens, even after I wiggle my mouse. Ok? I restart again. I get worried now.

Next thing you know, my computer refuses to even go pass a black screen to the windows screen. I freak out. "Ok, the fan or the inside of the computer is probably dirty." I take out the vacuum and start cleaning up all the dust. -Plugs everything back in- Turns on again, but this time, it makes a huge ass obnoxious sound and remains on a black screen.

In conclusion, I've had a pretty shit weekend. All my important programs, files, homework, pictures and bookmarks, all lost forever. Yeah I know, I forgot to backup my shit. I'm not going to bring it in for maintenance because warranty expired last year and this same thing happened to my sister's computer. They couldn't fix anything and we still had to pay the fees. It's not worth the cost if they still can't fix it. Meanwhile, I'm using a new laptop leftover from my sister before she moved out. I'm just spaced out right now and it still hasn't hit me yet that my computer is broken. I don't think I lost too much of value, hopefully...I can't even remember.

(ˉ﹃ˉ)