View Single Post
12-21-2012   #8 (permalink)
Henreh
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
Awesome guide, and perfect timing too! Finally at home for break and now I have the time to start working on this thing.

I've been at this for nearly 10 hours now; slowly coming along because I have to stop and take an hour or two to read ahead and stuff. So, I'm working with the stuff that you recommended purchasing as my thread ( /forum/computers-tec...ming-rigs.html )

I've already tried the test build as shown in the Newegg Tutorial video and it managed to work (I didn't think I had the speaker part for the "post-beep" or whatever, but some digging after trying to get the case situated lead me to find them--). Now my question is on how to assemble everything into the case. I've got the power supply already screwed into place at the bottom; the beautiful dust catcher there with it. Now as far as putting the motherboard in, I read that the stand-off screws are a must to prevent bending and having grounding/charge problems to the case itself. From what I've seen, there are 9 holes for them and I only have 3. Is it ok to proceed anyway with just 3, or should I take a trip to a hardware store to pick some up tomorrow?

(Take this as a suggestion to have a construction guide up, too. ;D)
Yes stand-offs help ground the motherboard. Usually the case has stand offs included along with the screws and stuff. I recommend getting more standoffs (around 6-8) just to be safe. Although I've been getting away with using just 6 standoffs for awhile now.