View Single Post
12-20-2012   #50 (permalink)
MsSquid
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
ask it how it can fluently speak elvish
Elves are sensitive creatures by nature, thus they also excel at "reading the mood". The hysterical crying goblin in a tree would probably be a much more engaging conversational partner if you threw it some comforting words at it, but screw that. "Excuse me," you say, "would it be rude if I were to inquire about your language." The question itself is insensitive. It comes out of the blue, does not reference the goblin's unfortunate predicament in any meaningful way, yet you presented in a kind enough manner that it may add some lucidity to the goblin's answer.

"W-W-WHAT NOW!? ARE YOU GONNA T-TORMENT ME BECAUSE OF MY ACCENT!? I'M A POOR UNDEAD GOBLIN! I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"It's not that. You are actually a very good speaker of Elvish. The things you say are crude, angry, and loud, yet you manage to present them all very clearly as if you were an Elf yourself."

"Y-you really think that? Nobody ever complimented my speaking abilities before."

"Your fluency is really astounding. I never expected any lesser creature to be so adept at the language."

"Lesser creatures... sometimes I forget how condescending you Elves are. Anyway, I'm an ambassador and scholar for the Imperial Imperious Empire. I'm fluent in a bunch of languages. You actually may have heard my name before. Magatia Thricereed! Ring any bells?"

"My bells remain obdurate."

"Well, I'm guess my fame hasn't penetrated the walls of Elfheim yet. O-oops! S-sorry about that!"

"Sorry about what?"

"What I said about Elfheim is really insensitive. After what happened to it and all. You must be one of the displaced, am I correct?"

"Uhm... sure."

"So, where ya headin'?"

"Nowhere."

"I kinda like you, can I come with you?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Aren't you an ambassador for the IIE? Don't you have important things to do for them."

"I'm technically dead now, so it doesn't matter. They're barely tolerant of Goblins as is. They'll hate an undead Goblin like myself."

This goblin just went from extremely angry and distraught to content and happy in no time flat. Right now its sitting in the tree staring at you have a big smile on its face. You would rather not be followed around by a gross undead and possibly bipolar goblin, but it could act as a translator for you. Also, from what you hear the IIE is actually very accepting of scientists and all things science related. It could probably get you a job doing REAL science in a REAL laboratory with REAL equipment you that you won't have to find in through questionable means. This could be the chance to finally start living life how Alnon always you wanted to.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Elven Bow & Arrow, Delicious Pinkish-Green Fruit x4