View Single Post
12-12-2012   #1 (permalink)
Queen
~custom user title~
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Alluria Fior
Class: DRK
Guild: Discourse <SALT>
Default Sound Card Questions.

So a few weeks ago I was running Skype with sounds and and mumble hitched up to my headset while raiding in WoW. The whole 3 hours Skype was doing it's notification blip but it was coming out of the speakers. I know this is a known issue with Skype (it's happened on my friends Macbook as well).

After that 3 hours of sound coming out of two sources the next day my system crashed. While my laptop was closed (Asus K72Jr) it was making like a computer's version of white noise. I essentially ended up just reformating and starting from scratch (Windows 7 Ultimate).

Well it's working better but now every so often during intense sound situations (25m raiding in WoW), the sound will come out with glitchy break-ups. Eventually my system starts to freak out and lag a bit and I restart and it's happy again.

Everyone I've spoken too thinks my card got fried thanks to Skype's shitty problem that it's had for years and I forgot to disable the sound on it.

Essentially what I want to know is:

can I replace the sound card on this?
is it something I can do myself?
is it something a tech can do? (I don't trust them but I have friends)

and if I can't well... time to save up for a new laptop.