View Single Post
12-06-2012   #28 (permalink)
MsSquid
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
tell esprit all will be forgiven if she helps clean it back up.
Esprit locking herself in your appraisal room raises some serious issues. She is now closer to your laboratory than ever. With a bit of snooping around there is no doubt that she will find it. You only have two choices left: flee, or bargain with Esprit. You could run to the city gates, but the guards would question you for being there which would only incriminate you further so bargaining is the only possible way you could see yourself getting out of the situation.

"Esprit, please calm down. I won't tell anyone about your incident today. I understand that you're a growing elf and make mistakes. You were probably just interested in my wares. I am one of the best, if not THE best, bowsmith and merchant in Elfheim. To be frank with you, I would ransack my shop too if I didn't know I owned it. How about this: if you help me clean up I'll forego informing the guard of your insolence, plus I'll sell you some arrows for twenty shekels each, half-off."

She does not respond. You get nervous. Esprit may not even be in the appraisal room anymore. She may have already found the lab. She could be wrecking the place or worse.

"Esprit, Please! You don't have to be a pawn to the guard! Me and Alnon have lived these first few thousands years of our lives exactly as the High Wizards want us to. I'm tired of it! I want to try something new. I want to see what's outside of Elfheim, and I want to learn about something that isn't bows and arrows. Is that so wrong, Esprit? Should the way our lives transpire be dictated by a family of elderly wizards that most of us have never even seen in person?"

Esprit comes out of the Appraisal. "What are you on about, merchant?"

"What do you mean 'what am I on about'?"

"Are you being targeted by the guard?"

"Well... I... uhm..." Shit, it never even crossed your mind once that Esprits reasons for trashing your shop may have been completely removed from her duty as a guard. You may have just outed yourself as a heretic to the enemy. "Of course, not. Why would the guard target a humble merchant such as myself. I love Elfheim, and I love my leaders."

"Do you think of me as a fool simply because I am younger, merchant?"

"Don't you dare talk down to me! You wrecked my shop! This is an outrage. I have a good mind to report you!"

"Don't change the subject."

"Change the subject? The subject is all around you. Look what you have done to my jolly sweet shoppe! It's like a junk heap! Not even a goblin would look twice at a my shop after you released your menagerie of fell fury and violence upon it. And goblins live and do all business in mud pits. Goblins actually selectively breed special worms to make their mud pits more disgusting. They have giant worms that they ride through nasty, fetid underground mud colonies. I learned that in guard school in case of a goblin invasion. I've never even seen one in person, but my shop is now literally worse than a goblin mud pit because of you!"

Esprit sighs. She seems completely unfazed by your outburst. Any normal member of the guard would be crying and apologizing profusely by now... you have actually been up that alley more than once. You can battles and death, but you can not handle a stern talking to. "Listen, merchant," Esprit says, "as of today I am no longer a member of the Elfheim Guard."

"?"

"I am not a member the guard anymore. Am I clear?"

You nod to show that you understand her. Her voice has become more authoritative and she now gives off a strong aura. It is like the shy young Esprit you knew disappeared.

"I killed my life partner." Esprit says.

"YOU WHAT!?" You respond.

"I. Killed. My. Life. Partner."

"H-How could you!? Your life partner is meant to be your best friend and comrade!"

"You said you were tired of the High Wizards choosing how you live your life, did you not? Our life partners are our biggest and most visible aspect of our oppression. Also, the murder was mutual thing really. He didn't like me, and I didn't like him. We both wanted to make the High Wizards angry so we discussed what was going to happen beforehand. It's not like he didn't know."

"You're not going to kill me, are you?"

"No. I never did like you, but I just wanted to get the chance to wreck your shop and steal some things before it happened. You should see your 'appraisal' room."

"What do you mean by 'before it happened'? What did you do?"

"The guard is probably already hunting me down because of the murder, but they're going to have a much bigger problem on their hands any moment now. The city isn't going to be safe, so you might want to get out of here."

"W-What did you do?"

"I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. By the way, can I have my bow back?"

So it seems that Esprit is completely deranged, and the city could fall into chaos for ill-defined reasons at any second.

Enter command:
>

ACTIONS:
Examine, Talk, Attack, Pick Up, Drop

ITEMS: Laser Gun, Elven Bow & Arrow, Esprit's Bow