View Single Post
12-02-2012   #1 (permalink)
Senpai
Sister / Friend / Lover
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Senpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond reputeSenpai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nopan
Default Sony VAIO start up problem.

I have this old Sony VAIO notebook lying around, bought sometime in 2005, and it hasn't been working for more than a year now.

Spoiler!

It used to run on Windows XP, but I replaced it with Windows 7 and after a while, it would boot Windows for a few seconds and then seem to shut down again. The screen fades to black, but the LED light is still green and the fan seems to be running still. I have no idea what the problem is, so I don't know how to fix it. But I would like to, so I can at least decide whether to keep it or sell it.

The other odd thing about this laptop is that it doesn't work anymore without being constantly plugged into a power source. The minute you unplug it, it dies, which has me assuming that there's a problem with the battery, cable or who knows what.

Anyway, I don't like describing technical problems, so I just took a video if it. This was me attempting to start Windows after doing a system restore. It booted fine, flickered on and off at the login screen but I logged in eventually. It showed me my desktop for less than a minute and then shut itself down again. You can even hear the computer struggling to power up and failing.

Spoiler!
- Red Metal Dyes [#D40000]