Thread: Keety Cat Halp.
View Single Post
11-24-2012   #30 (permalink)
Valese
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny
First of all, if your friend wants to become a Primadonna, I don't think HP is the right option. It'll benefit her if she becomes a Diva but as you said, she definitely wants a Primadonna. With this said, most Primadonnas are usually Pure AP (I'm not saying ALL). I've owned several AP Primadonnas before in the past (making and re-making) and they turned out pretty fine.
I think an HP Primadonna is the right choice for someone who wants to be a PvP'er but doesn't want to go all out on MyShop Equipments. My Cat like I posted before (I think) used to be pure HP, but I changed her into Pure HV just because I was trying to break my own record of 2k HV with Dodge Master. (And my Charms are like hardcore PvP'ers so HV is a must for me.)

I think if your friend decides to go Pure HV, she should focus on an HV weapon, maybe 2 HV comped Accessories, and then the rest HP comped gear. (Later on she can get full HV and HP gears to mix up for a better balance.

Quote:
I think it'd be a lot more logical for your friend to add all growth bonus points to the AP stat. (..) Pure AP isn't such a bad idea.
You're right about that, pure AP Primadonna's with the Evolution skill are great for PvM, especially when you own a nice attribute set to go along with the high AP.

Quote:
1. A few skills need AP to determine the physical attack of the certain skill. (E.g. 2 Hit Combo needs AP but it also needs HV)

2. For PvP/PvM as a Primadonna, it's best to go pure AP because of the first reason.
2 Hit Combo's first attack is based on AP, 2nd hit is based on HV. Now if we compare 1AP:1HV (just to make it easier), Cat's would need lower HV to get higher damage. My Cat uses about 14k AP with 2k HV, and my 2nd hit does over double the damage than my first hit. That's why Pure HV > Pure AP, based on skills. However, like you said before, a Pure AP Cat is great (for PvM), but unfortunately not for PvP :3

Quote:
3. Charm Types are forced to have a four on their Build Graph, so it'd make sense to add onto one of the stats (HP, DP, HV **) but some may argue against that by saying
"How are you going to balance out then?"

**Notice how AP isn't in the list. 3124 would be a stable build for a cat in general. Adding AP to the soon-to-be-Primadonna = reasonably good HP, HV, DP because of the +4 and decent AP, DC, DX because of the +3 compared to other classes. As for Sense and Magic, they're not too important. +2 in Sense for the WT and as for +1 Magic, you might have low MP but that's natural. Don't bother in comping MP unless you have nothing else to do.

As for equipment, I think she should compounding AP/HP/HV.
You really only need HV and HP for your Charm type. The only AP you have to get you can easily get by equipping 1 Altiverse (HV comped) Sword, that's refined to about level 10, which is pretty easy to get nowadays.

A 3124 build would be great for someone who's just starting to use Charm types, or doesn't want to spend money on a MyShop Pouch. (It can get pretty expensive I guess.)

All I can really recommend is that you /never/ compound anything else other than HV or HP on your gears. Especially if you're going to be a PvP'er. You can easily make up for any stat loss (like AP or MP) by having decent bases on your gears :3

Good luck once again!