View Single Post
11-21-2012   #1 (permalink)
Nebula
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians
Default I would like some advice

So I have recently decided to get back into drawing. Anyways I am currently working on a christmas present for a friend. I know my anatomy needs work as I started with a more cartoony style however I am more interested with advice for fur.

Here is a work in progress.

With it are the pencils that I have used to colour it in so far. I am mainly using the prismacolor verithins for it with a few premiers (with the white part I shall use the premiers more due to the larger variety of grays)

Anyways, I am finding that the colouring looks a little uncolourful so are there any colours I should mix in with the fur? (I like a bit of a shiny look)
Also, it there a good way to determine which direct the fur on the head should go? (Looking at photos helps, however experience is nice too)

Lastly any ideas for a background?

Thanks for your time.