View Single Post
11-17-2012   #6 (permalink)
' ^ '
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest
Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Originally Posted by Shugi
i7 3770K can easily hit 4.2ghz on default settings, you just put Turbo to 4.2ghz without changing anything else.

Your mobo is pretty over kill, I have a bunch of those at work. They're nice, but the lack of PCI is annoying. I would say get a ASUS P8Z77 <insert premium thing>, how much more premium you want is up to you.

I've recently siwtched my mobo from the Extreme version to Formula, saves me about 100 bucks. - ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

I was talking to some people about overclocking. Can the 3770k really go up to 4.2k Ghz without changing any voltage? People were telling me it could only go up to 3.9 without changing anything.

I also decided to get a Corsair H100 liquid cooling and wasnt sure if I should overclock to 4.5 GHz or not, or with this new information maybe just 4.2 GHz. I do plan to stream which is CPU heavy but yeah.