View Single Post
11-12-2012   #2 (permalink)
Joey
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

The hard drive is pretty important too. My recommendation for a gaming rig would be to get like.. a 256mb or 512mb SSD as your primary onboard storage (that small because they run a little pricey) and try to keep its usage to a minimum, like literally for games only. SSDs are designed for you to be able to retrieve data from them at a substantially faster rate then HDDs. Anything else you'd wanna store you should just buy a TB external HD.

I'm not going to do your budgeting for you, but this is a good place to look for your video cards and any other needs:

Newegg.com - Video Cards, Graphics Cards

Be aware, most of the high-end video cards nowadays are 13 inches, so you'll need a case that can fit that. Most cases can fit it no problem, but its just something to keep in mind.

More RAM is always better. Especially considering Chrome starts like 30 processes while you run it, and Firefox doesn't have a memory usage limiter. Neither do a lot of games nowadays, actually. I've got 8GB of RAM on my current PC, and it functions fairly well for my needs but I wouldn't call it a gaming rig. I still occasionally suffer from a short lockup when multitask on it too much, as a matter of fact. No forced restarts or bluescreens or anything awful though, just a short freeze before it goes back to normal.

I'm not gonna pick anything specific out for you but those are just a couple of recommendations based on personal experience.