View Single Post
11-12-2012   #1 (permalink)
Yumidesu
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default Help me pick parts for a new gaming PC (from scratch)

Alright, so, I've never had the money to do this before, but I will soon, so I want to do it.

I don't really know all -that- much about computers, so I'll let you guys edumahcait me and the like. Uhm, as far as a budget goes, I've been told by a few people that have studied up thoroughly on PCs, specifically gaming PCs that you really only need to spend about $900 to run pretty much everything at a constant 60 FPS. Maybe $1,000 to $1,100 if you want a little more power. But I guess my budget would be set at... $1,200? MAYBE $1,300, depends.

Anyways, as far as what I want...

Spoiler!

Also, I use a 1920x1080 resolution monitor. I'd like to be able to run things smoothly. As far as games go, yes. I want to be able to fullscreen them and put all settings at max and get a constant 60+ FPS.

Um, that's about it, I guess. If you need a little more insight, um...

iBUYPOWER Power TG511 Gaming PC - AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz , 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, 1GB ATI Radeon HD6450, Keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit at TigerDirect.com

I bought that about 3-4 months ago. It performed really well. I had no issues with any of it (aside from the onboard sound not working and the hard drive not working). Processor was great, cooling was great, motherboard was nice, video card was nice, no issues really. But I do want a much more powerful video card, as it was only able to run Dota 2 at 1600x900 resolution (borderless windowed mode) with maxed Textures and Render Quality at 35-40 FPS. Which was the best I could get, really. You could also enable:

Spoiler!

But yeah, being able to put everything at max settings for like, most PS2 games and most MMOs would be great, along with most MOBAs that I mentioned. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also, for my current PC that I have (that doesn't work because it needs a new PSU), could someone recommend me a good one? It came with a 480w PSU, so 500w+ would be nice. Thanks.

Edit3: (Ugh, sorry lol) I want to buy a nice gaming mouse and keyboard. Something like these two?

Amazon.com: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510: Electronics

And...

Amazon.com: Mad Catz M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse for PC and Mac: Electronics

Last edited by Yumidesu; 11-12-2012 at 07:12 PM.