View Single Post
11-10-2012   #1 (permalink)
Queen
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100
Default Why is that an excuse.

So my boyfriend always goes on and on about how his dad was raised as a conservative Catholic with an emotional Irish mother and a father who was a cop. That's about as far as I'm going to get into that.

He has an old American Bulldog and two German Shepherds under 1.5 years old.

For over a year the Bulldog was nipping, biting, terrorizing the Shepherds during meal time. His father didn't watch them.

The house is a one-floor barely-five-room farmhouse and the Shepherds are always caged because "dogs aren't pets they are servants to man" and that's how my boyfriend's father was raised.

He never taught the Bulldog how to behave around other dogs. He had him since he was a puppy. There's the whole controversy with aggressive dogs and needing to be raised correctly and this is an instance.

The Shepherds run away all the time when they're let out. It's really obvious they are unhappy. They are not allowed to roam free in the house, they are in their cage all the time except to do their business. I can't stand going to my boyfriend's house because of how awful I feel for the dogs. There's no space for such large dogs, and they don't deserve to be treated the way they are.

Even if his dad had gotten smaller dogs (and he wants to use the Shepherds for birding?! they're corpse dogs not bird dogs) the bull would've tortured them too.

And it's all because he has this staunch conservative 1950s attitude. I don't think "I'm conservative in my view towards animals" is an excuse to put them through this hell. Those dogs deserve a better home. They're likely traumatized, they won't even eat sometimes because they're afraid of being bitten.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki