View Single Post
11-07-2012   #30 (permalink)
KungFuPets
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

KungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura aboutKungFuPets has a spectacular aura about
IGN: AbsoluteLimit
Class: Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
Neither are boosters. Or MyShop, for that matter. Yet why do we use it? Because it saves time. The only difference between boosters and seals is that the former you can get in-game; the latter you have to spend money on them.
Well, for the latter (seals) you could just take your billions of galders and go to an MS-seller and buy from him, and thus you just got it in-game (but in an indirect way).

Quote:
I have always grinded. I remember what it was like grinding at Ice Dungeon 3 and Tapasco Field 3/4 with a Dark Lord, using only Arrow Rush and Dark skills, all the way to 300. Grinding nowadays (at least for most Mages) is a piece of cake in comparison. Like I said, people have been spoiled.
And what's wrong with some people being spoiled? Not everyone has the luxury to grind that much time, nor have the arsenal of OP Altiverse Eqs / Boss Sets. Maybe Powerlevelling helps them get past those midlevel ranges that they don't want to redo while making a new character. Or maybe he's just a hardcore PVPer/GVGer that doesn't want to go through tedious stuff in order to level up or progress with the story (Mirage's Blood Rune of Fate anyone?). Its like buying Town Stickers to directly progress with the Episode Quests.

Quote:
I'm not a frequent gamer unlike others here, but I'm pretty sure that is not most people's definition of "challenge".
Usually it's because when MyShop users get something better than in-game players do I notice some of these complaints come out.

Quote:
It's probably not the same group of people complaining about both things. People who complain the game is too difficult obviously haven't tried other games. Also, our hax equipment is possible because SGI decided to release them, and they are a part of the game, so in a way, it's the game.

I wasn't talking about level. I was talking about the benefit of these seals, like every other benefit in the game that you have to PAY for instead of WORK for.
Didn't you just mentioned EXP seal?
VVV This:
Quote:
I was referring more to the EXP seals than anything.
Anyway, Real Life money came from time spent working in real life. So in a way, seals are still WORKED for

Quote:
I, for one, wouldn't mind so much if these seals were something you work for, like the booster potions.
Well, you could "work" for it by getting galders and buying from an MS-seller

Quote:
You're missing the point entirely. It's not about people wanting it or not. It's about money (again) driving the game forward while leaving more people behind. Can you honestly name one thing in Trickster that money can't buy? I can't. If this is how things should progress, they may as well release runes/seals/whatever that you can double-click and gain 10 levels instantly.
Ahhhh.. See? It's when MS beats or gets an advantage over in-game when people get ticked off. With the right price, everything can be bought either with MS or galder. (I'm not bragging or anything. Actually I don't mean anything bad, but this is the sad cruel truth ).

Speaking of moving forward: What is wrong with moving forward? Everyone has to put some effort to catch up with the game. When I came back from hiatus, TO left me behind because of ECONOMY INFLATION. Everything costs too much for me to buy with a simple galder drop from a monster.

It's like GameGuard. Yeah I know it causes a lot of errors and what not. But in the long run, it will be good for us (hopefully [being Optimistic]).

I really don't understand why people are just so negative when something like MyShop beats the in-game items. Everyone has access to them, right? I mean, if you have plenty of in-game galders, you could just go to an MS-seller and you could use them yourself.

Quote:
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Imagine a complete [SIZE=1]beginner [SIZE=1]who has nothing in-game but a lot of money in real life. They [SIZE=1]wouldn't need to bother t[SIZE=1]o learn anything about[SIZE=1] the game. Want level 400? Pay someone to power level you. It wouldn't take more than 2 months (trust me). Want to be able to kill everyone in PvP?[SIZE=1] Buy tons of MyShop [SIZE=1](along with your paid-f[SIZE=1]or, power-leveled 400 levels[SIZE=1]) and go brag about how a[SIZE=1]mazing you are in PvP. I've seen a handful of people who are fairly high level (250+) but don't have the slightest clue about some of the game's basics.
And what's wrong with that? It's his character, and he's the one missing out on the game mechanics and the fun of it. For example: So he bought all those SC 1~16 cards, he's the one missing out on the joys of Card Identification

Unless, it irks you when such a noob beats you at the game which you worked hard for in order to be the best?

Anyway, yeah people can voice out their hatred for these seals. I do accept the fact that seals will get a lot of dislikes, but GMs did put a lot of thought into it, so it must be beneficial to them AND to the game (players). Myshop helps us, but costs money.

This is the fate of Trickster (just like TO having GameGuard)

PS: Rare, what you dislike the most is when people can simply buy their way instead of work for it (since you do mention "PAY instead of WORK for it" A LOT of times, or something like that). And yet this IS a MONEY game and not a purely in-game game. So I guess there will always be MONEY involved.

Anyway, let's all have fun and see what happens then these seals are relased