View Single Post
11-07-2012   #28 (permalink)
Torikakae
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
You're missing the point entirely. It's not about people wanting it or not. It's about money (again) driving the game forward while leaving more people behind. Can you honestly name one thing in Trickster that money can't buy? I can't. If this is how things should progress, they may as well release runes/seals/whatever that you can double-click and gain 10 levels instantly.

The real comparison is between this game, where money can buy you anything, and other games, where some good things can only be earned through hard work. If you ask me, that's sad.
Things real money can't buy? You mean things that don't require real money? Mmkay:

Altiverse equips, Compound Materials, Mine Stones (for upgrading equipments), Boss Sets, quick leveling in CT, Fiesta Maps, PPD's, HP and MP potions, those are the things at the top of my head for now but most of the necessary things don't need real money. These seals may make things easier, but they're far from necessary.

So what if they want money? What's wrong with it? Are they forcing you to pay money? Will they kill your account if you don't pay money? Will they delete everything you own if you don't pay money? They may want money, but you're the one who's giving it to them. Hell, Apple wants my money but I've yet to buy a damn iPhone like everyone else. They can show, tempt, and brag all they want. The purchasing power is still with ME and it is MY responsibility to spend it wisely, and if I choose not to spend it on these things while others do, why would that be a problem to me?

Just because they want money, doesn't mean they're totally at fault. It's half your fault if you actually buy it.

Besides, these things lasts, like how long? 24 hours? Yeah, sure. Good luck with that. Most people can't even last the 3 hours with the IN-GAME boosters. They'll waste most of it anyway.

PS. "Hard Work" makes me laugh a bit. This is a game. This shouldn't feel like hard work. If you're having fun grinding, bossing, hunting, and collecting, then congrats! That's your way of having fun! If not, then you can spend your real life money that you (or most likely your parents) WORKED HARD for. If you wish to trade real life HARD WORK (in the form of money/time spent working) instead of in-game HARD WORK (time spent in front of the computer, which is TIME SPENT like spent for working a job), then it's your choice because that's how you enjoy yourself. Why would I care? Should I feel jealous? As long as you know what you're doing, and you're having fun with it, then spend away! I trust that you're responsible enough with YOUR OWN money to buy YOUR OWN happiness.

I realize that this may not be your "ideal" system for a game. But that's a subjective opinion. No game is the "ideal" game for everyone. This is just one of the many systems for online games, which have their own ups and downs, as well as lack the charm that this game specifically has (why else do we keep coming back here?). We can choose from hundreds of others. And the scary thing is: What you don't like about one system, may not be minded by others, or they may even like it. It's not fair to bring them down because some people don't like it.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

Last edited by Torikakae; 11-07-2012 at 08:26 AM.