View Single Post
11-05-2012   #8 (permalink)
Lime
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

I shall now speak from the angle of a Christian on this subject. I'm far from a perfect follower but I still have enough love for it to speak for it.

It was never meant to be forced upon people who chose not to be Christian. It is utterly useless to force anyone who has no love for God to follow anything in the book. It benefits God nothing, it benefits Christians nothing, I'd even go as far as to say its counter-productive to the TRUE goal of christianity.

I believe most things christians should do should reflect the 9 fruits of the spirit: "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Therefore, with evidence from the bible itself. I, with confidence, can say that mistreating anyone, or making life harder for people because they do not follow his word is NOT right. As it goes against the fruits of peace,patience, and gentleness. There is none of this in oppression.

Jesus said that all of the commandments can be summed up in two: Love God and Love thy neighbor. Pretty much anything THE BIBLE ITSELF says is 'sin' is because it opposes either of these. Therefore, if one doesn't love God, there is no point in forcing the rules on them, and honestly pushes people AWAY from loving God, because instead of remembering the kindness of true Christians, they instead think of fanatics who care more for 'winning' a battle than what God ACTUALLY wants; to establish a relationship based on LOVE, not control, with as many people as possible. I'd dare say some act on pride rather than love for God. but God hates a proud look.

However, these bad, or misled, or well meaning but way off the mark, Christians will always be a problem for Christianity; even the bible itself states that there always has, and always will be false prophets, doctrines and those who add to and take away from his Word. Personally, i beware any who speak more from their head, or about politics, rather than focus on just how beautiful God is.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Lime; 11-05-2012 at 09:17 PM.