View Single Post
11-05-2012   #11 (permalink)
Nebula
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almora
Hehe, it's a skill you'll develop once you've seen one or two pieces of people's art. I'm not sure if anyone else can do it, since it's something not talked about. I'm sure Shanni can do it, based on what she told me the first time I won ;o;

Haha same for me too, I still have a long ways to go. I'm just an amateur, but I'm doing pretty well since I'm self taught. There's countless things to do in Photoshop, so I'm always learning new things.

I haven't posted any type of the graphics I have done in the past(all lost in a photobucket account), but one of my styles are light + airy drop shadow white texts :P Yeah lol, that free falling is mines, although I'm not too fond of it ._.

I haven't found my style yet, though I'm getting close to it. I admit I lack focus and cohesiveness for signatures, sometimes my works are all over the place and don't blend well(to me that's how it seems). So for now, I'm always just borrowing styles that peak my interest from one artist bit by bit for my work. I'm really into patterns, so I guess I'll deviate and branch off into my own direction. I don't know why, but I cannot for the life of me, do graphic styles like these:

etc.etc. Oh well, good practice is good practice z-z.

---

I think it's due to the fact that I started and come from layout/webpage designing. That's really how I originally began with graphics. I make layouts and everything about layouts is sooo different from signature rendering etc. You actually have to keep things simple, neat and in separate areas, so things don't look unprofessional and suffocating.

That's just a little background info of what I'm into lol. Sorry for the long texts *_*

Edit: I missed the last line LOL. No, unfortunately I don't draw T____T. I CAN DRAW MAPS REALLY WELL THOUGH IF THAT COUNTS rofl. Sorry, I didn't the second part about lecture notes :<
Everyone develops their own unique style. I guess you are good at spotting various elements of them. I wonder how you would go if the artist were to change mediums. However you do present a challenge. "Enter a signature that looks different enough such that Almora cannot tell that it is mine."

What I know in photoshop is from learning to draw neopets some many years ago. I have since then switched to mainly using either my coloured pencils, a type of watercolor like paints and paintool sai. However in the past few years I have not improved very much in terms of art. As for graphics I never really git into them properly hence I end up with very plain stuff.

I honestly like that style, I prefer graphics that are clean and no too full of shiny textures. However no so plain that they lack any depth.

Maps are important. And by lecture notes I mean doodling whilst a lecturer is talking. It is a bad habit of mine; however it is a great indication of how boring a lecture is.