View Single Post
11-05-2012   #10 (permalink)
Almora
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepheid
I should reinstall photoshop. One other difference it photoshop can handle giant canvases much better which is useful for making flyers. Taking 10 mins to type 20 words.. That is frustrating.
That was my second attempt at a signature. In that regard I have plenty of experimentation to do. It is scary that you could tell. I guessed the freefalling one as yours however I thought your one last week was someone else's.

And do you draw, well outside the "lecture notes" that you may make.
Hehe, it's a skill you'll develop once you've seen one or two pieces of people's art. I'm not sure if anyone else can do it, since it's something not talked about. I'm sure Shanni can do it, based on what she told me the first time I won ;o;

Haha same for me too, I still have a long ways to go. I'm just an amateur, but I'm doing pretty well since I'm self taught. There's countless things to do in Photoshop, so I'm always learning new things.

I haven't posted any type of the graphics I have done in the past(all lost in a photobucket account), but one of my styles are light + airy drop shadow white texts :P Yeah lol, that free falling is mines, although I'm not too fond of it ._.

I haven't found my style yet, though I'm getting close to it. I admit I lack focus and cohesiveness for signatures, sometimes my works are all over the place and don't blend well(to me that's how it seems). So for now, I'm always just borrowing styles that peak my interest from one artist bit by bit for my work. I'm really into patterns, so I guess I'll deviate and branch off into my own direction. I don't know why, but I cannot for the life of me, do graphic styles like these:

etc.etc. Oh well, good practice is good practice z-z.

---

I think it's due to the fact that I started and come from layout/webpage designing. That's really how I originally began with graphics. I make layouts and everything about layouts is sooo different from signature rendering etc. You actually have to keep things simple, neat and in separate areas, so things don't look unprofessional and suffocating.

That's just a little background info of what I'm into lol. Sorry for the long texts *_*

Edit: I missed the last line LOL. No, unfortunately I don't draw T____T. I CAN DRAW MAPS REALLY WELL THOUGH IF THAT COUNTS rofl. Sorry, I didn't the second part about lecture notes :<