View Single Post
11-05-2012   #32 (permalink)
Almora
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim12
I've played before but left for about a year I guess, back then 1432 was the "famous" SM build (I've read most of the guides and talked to high leveled persons in game) but as I read their sentiments about 1414, I was shocked.

1414 builds are for Earth/Wind sheeps back then.

and mostly, magic types pump Ma not Hp. I wanna try the Fire/Electric SM mainly for bossing but I do not like to have 2 sheeps with the same element (one SM and one Light Witch) thats why I don't want a Fire/Electric SM in the first place

The light witch helps me earn galders thru powerleveling.

I've been curious about Water/Electric SMs since according to guides that I've read they are the superior boss hunting elements.

if Ma is that easy to get, then I might go pure HP (I only have Powerful Equipment for 140 to boost my MA and DP)

I am also not a fan of Sense Stat although I feel the need for the Weight (I too hoard quest items)

I could spend money for pouches, although what I want to get first are end-game equipment.

Thanks for the input Almora +rep'd
No problem. And yeah, I understand the identical elements on mage classes, it gets redundant sometimes.

Water/Elec is the superior bossing combination for players on a budget, for a fact. You can boss on every single elemental combination for a SM, so the class as a whole is already superior to other mage classes in this aspect. For the most part, I guess some people view Water/Elec as the superior bossing combination for its instant immediate high numbers on-screen, whereas with Fire/Elec, you just see it in increments, but it doesn't mean it's weaker. It's just as strong, or even stronger depending on how geared you are. The DoT's & power of fire spells are nothing to scoff at.

Yes, that is quite true for stacking MA over HP for magics. However, since you are dealing with the SM class, you have to think with a clean slate. Certain things do not always apply to the mage branch as a whole.

We have our space debuffs, so the loss in MA isn't much of a problem in PvE at all(usually). In addition, elemental attributes is a blessing and curse for magics at the same time, now that it is introduced. Hybrid MA + attribute is the best way to power your spells' damage, but it has a cost. If you only focus on one attribute to boost one element and neglect your overall MA, then your other un-boosted minor element's damage will plummet, including neutral spells too. This is an aspect I've wanted to point out in my guide, but I don't play anymore, so why bother.

All in all, you can't go wrong with any of the SM elemental combinations. They are all unique, have pros/cons and fun in their own ways. In the end, it's going to be your opinion/play style/decision, not others'. Having other peoples' input does help though and there is nothing wrong with that!