View Single Post
11-04-2012   #1 (permalink)
Lala
Eat.Sleep.Rave.Repeat.
Games
Grand ChaseLuna OnlineKingdom of LoathingTrickster Online

Lala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant future
IGN: Étoilée
Level: 30
Default I Thought Wrong.

Sometimes I missed high school and wanted to go back just for the simplicity of it. But then today just showed me I reeeeally don't miss it at all.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I started working at a temporary store as a supervisor. It had about twenty people working there, most of them were 16 years old. Today we were packing up the store and at the end of it everyone was getting restless and pretty much stopped working. I went to a group of about 5 girls who were standing around talking to ask/tell them to go clean up. They talked right over me, interrupted me a few times and basically disrespected me. So I waited until they were done and told one of the three girls (who, by the way, were trying to make it seem like it took 3 f***ing people to sweep a small patch of carpet) to go clean up a certain area. I can't stress enough how simple the clean up was, it should have taken no more than 2 minutes. I walked away because she started going there, and I walked to the area she was supposed to clean 5 minutes later and it's not clean and she's not there. I find her in an aisle standing there talking to two other girls. I told her to go clean it again, a little less politely, I walk over to make sure she actually gets there. She stops half way to talk to a guy and pick up little pieces of garbage on the floor. I go up to her again and tell her to go straight there and clean it up and I walk her there, she grabs something and I thought she would finally clean it up, so I leave her. Come back less than 5 minutes later. Nothing is cleaned up! So I ask someone else to go do it because obviously she couldn't and I went to find her to talk to her about.

She whined that she couldn't clean it up because someone left two cups of coffee there that were full.

She was a prime example of how I think teenagers are. I realize not all of them are incompetent.. but working with about 15 of them who are doesn't help my view of them.

Lazy. Complaining how us managers/supervisors are making them clean up because we don't want to do it tomorrow. Never mind we were there for almost 12 hours yesterday packing/cleaning up and for 8 hours today cleaning up, so no, no we don't really want to do this again tomorrow when we have 15 people here who should be capable of sweeping and picking shit up and who are getting paid to do it. Problem solving skills of a 2 year old. "Oh noes! This coffee that has been sitting here for the last 5 hours is full! Guess I can't do anything." I didn't ask for anything hard to be done. I didn't ask her to clean the whole store by herself. She had a garbage bag already in her hand and she brought someone with here and she couldn't do it!

Useless, useless people. I don't miss 16 year olds AT ALL! I'm glad I'm done with that shit and I don't have to deal with them on a regular basis.

Long rant is long. But gawd! Useless!

My favourite word of the day today was "incompetent."