Thread: My Rant.
View Single Post
11-04-2012   #8 (permalink)
Almora
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu
I can agree with what you're saying here almora but you should think of something else, The person you're talking to over a game has no idea what tone of voice or how your feelings are at the point those faces are like assurance that you're not annoying the person or they're annoying you. Although some people take it overboard and add like 12 different faces for no apparent reason but you can't blame them for not knowing how you exactly feel.
I definitely agree with you. Most of the times I feel like I can get so much more done with face to face interactions, than typing on forums, but that's far-fetched. True, it's difficult to discern what tone I'm carrying over in my(or anybody's) conversation truly, without seeing their face.

I can discern tones accurately(to an extent), it's just that I've been unlucky at running into the people Griever described. It's a problem when you're taking a mature and calm, but serious standpoint, and all they do is skim over your points, immediately assigning it a hateful, "rage-more" connotation. They have a lot more to work on in terms of their own emotional and social growth. Not to mention personal grudges cloud logic pretty much all the time, is why some can't grow successfully.

---

Also, good for you to not pay anymore heed to degrading comments. That's quite a huge achievement, since most people aren't good at it. It's a very useful/valuable skill being able to regulate one's own emotions. It'll come in handy in real life. Having a thick skin frees up many of your current stresses.