View Single Post
11-04-2012   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Certain religious fanatics.

Let me start this thread by saying that I believe in a higher power. I believe in a higher power that believes that people should be happy as long as the happiness does not sacrifice or harm other people's emotional and physical well being in any way or form. I have absolutely nothing against any religion in itself, and I also believe that religion can help you to find peace in a world where it is hard to find. Before you ask, I am not homosexual myself.

I just don't understand some religious fanatics. I can respect your beliefs if you can respect mine. Why do some of these people degrade a certain group of people with certain sexual preferences with signs and blatant hatred that state that they'll burn in hell forever and that it is wrong (among many other things)? I can understand that certain aspects of your belief indeed state that certain partnerships is indeed wrong and you'll be punished if you indulge, but is it really necessary for certain fanatics to throw hatred right in the faces of the 'sinners'?

I'll never understand why some people can't just let other people be. You can have your beliefs, you have every right to. It is just that it is crossing the line when certain types of people try to control the lives of others that have nothing to do with them, it is even worse when these certain type of people try to control their own children in this manner.

If the beliefs of these fanatics happen to be 100% true, just let other people lead their lives in peace. Let them rot in hell for being a 'sinner'. After all, you'll be going into heaven. Why should they matter? Why are some fanatics trying to save them? To be honest, I really don't think that is the reason at all. The way I see it, certain fanatics are just trying to use religion as an excuse to push hatred in the way of people that lead certain lifestyles that certain fanatics find to be disgusting, and they can't handle the emotions they feel.

In my belief system, these types of religious fanatic people are evil. They are using words in a manner designed to purposely hurt other people in a very negative way. In my belief system, these certain types of fanatics will be sent to a very dark and lonely until they are able to be accepting of everybody; regardless of race, sexual orientation, and beliefs.

Last edited by Jon; 11-04-2012 at 10:21 AM.