View Single Post
11-02-2012   #6 (permalink)
Queen
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugi
From my experience with working with Win8 for like last 8 months since like pre-release (dev version), it's annoying to use from a behind the scene kind of way (coding, drivers, hardware). Otherwise it's OK. I would personally not switch to it as I like to have more control of my OS, it dumbs down a lot of things for the consumer and is super user friendly. If something goes wrong though, don't expect to be able to manually fix it. So many work arounds you have to do just to get into safe mode.

If you have Win7, it should be $15 to upgrade. Make a back up image of your OS (Win7 has this built in), then upgrade to Win8. If you don't like it, restore your Win7 image.
This brings up a few questions

1. Is there a link you could provide on how to create a back up image?

2. I spoke with a coworker about Win8. He said you can't install 3rd party antivirus etc, is Win8 truly that secure?

3. If I upgrade, will it keep all my current programs installed, and just essentially replace my OS without doing like a reformat?

I don't do much with my system. I mostly just game and do classwork. I feel like with everything so integrated, it may actually become convenient once/if I get used to it. My coworker also said once you get used to the new UI it flows as easily as how we're used to the current UI.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
League of Legends Queen Nimera
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589