View Single Post
10-06-2012   #10 (permalink)
Cornflake
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

minor update i suppose, since this is still on the first page.

i've been using windows 7 for maybe a month, it came with the netbook i'm using, and i'm finding it difficult to work with. it's worth using because it plays games; however, it does very strange things like creating 1000 wireless processes a day because the connection isn't always terribly strong (though i managed to disable that) and scanning the entire computer, while using up a large amount of system resources, to update even when there's no update.

i've also had minor issues getting it to tell me exactly what it's doing and why, so i've had to install third party programs to help me. why is this an upgrade to xp? at the very least xp had a friendly event viewer and would correctly report why a program is using a service. it runs some programs better but the ui is so much less friendly and provides less easily accessible information.

i certainly hope more games make the jump to opengl so i can drop windows entirely.