View Single Post
09-22-2012   #8 (permalink)
NiBo
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperetta
Your dad doesn't seem like the person who can accept criticism lightly or even the notion of being secretly filmed.

From what you've written, your father sounds incredibly irrational, mentally unstable and with a hair trigger temper to boot. This does not sound like a simple case of poor anger management. I think he needs to be on medication, he sounds Bipolar.
Bipolar is different from this, if he has an inflated self-esteem, less need of sleep, talks compulsively, is easily distracted and/or is agitated THEN he is bipolar. He is just very bad at dealing with anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperetta
When your father starts in on you, don't engage him. Remove yourself from the situation as fast as you can without giving offence.
If you bite back/blow up at him the situation may escalate, become hostile and even more unbearable.
Don't try to defend yourself, you'll just fuel the argument. No matter what, you won't win.
You can't reason with a mentally unstable, stubbornly irrational person who refuses to see reason. It'd just be a exercise in futility.
I think it could be safer to stay put and just listen. He could get mad and go after her if she tries to walk away.