Thread: Borderlands 2
View Single Post
09-18-2012   #11 (permalink)
buta
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

First thoughts after staying up til 6AM playing it.

Pretty good. If you didn't like the first one, it has indeed improved on it, but it is still pretty similar. If you liked the first one, it has improved on it, but is still pretty similar.

The story is interesting bringing back cameos from the first game (as well as telling you who kicked the bucket... no spoilers. but then, i honestly don't remember the person who kicked the bucket.)

There seems to be a lot more gun modifiers, but I'm not sure I like half of them. I've noticed an increase in guns that use more ammo per shot. And being a quite into ammo conservation, THIS SUCKS.

Walking over ammo and money to pick up is cool. As well as the fact that your vehicle can now pick stuff up for you.

On the note of vehicles, they've added in rag doll effects so you can't just ram something and take it for miles, something I felt was enjoyable. Now they just go flying and probably don't die.

Skill tree has more skills in it, but I looked through each of them and can't say I like many of my choices. But that's just cause I had a playstyle in the first one that I liked and was kinda hoping it carried over. But nope.

They added in a reward system for the achievements you get (ie. do 50000 burn damage or kill 100 skags) where you can get marginal bonuses to all characters on your account. It's pretty neat, I think. But whatever you do for one char will carry over to all of them so you want some sort of general bonuses that aren't specific to one char (ie. pumping melee damage if it shows up just for your zer0). Of course, if you plan on only maining one char, then it's fine.

I feel as if the inventory UI got worse though. Along with the skill tree UI. The fact that they force you to switch between inventory and equipped items or the three skill branches kinda annoys me. I wanna see it all in one view.

Oh yeah, there's lots of character customization now. If you played the first game and they found a steam save, they'll give you some skins to play with. You get other skins from random places.

And I'm still only half awake so I can't think of other stuff to say.

OH DID I MENTION I HAVE NO MONEY THANKS TO SLOT MACHINES HUEHUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
They should have given you a code I heard. Check receipt?

I'll be grabbing my order after classes today. Probably won't be playing h4rdc0r3 until Gaige the Mechromancer comes out though.
Iono, I ordered mine from GMG and it says I have the premier club in the DLC, but in game, it says it's not downloaded without any option to download it. I read some forum post where some mod said he'd look into it cause a lotta other people are having the same problem.

Guess I just have to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Yeah, I'll be getting it today. It definitely sucks for the people who have to wait for the 21st though, and I feel bad for 'em.

I'm probably going to start off with Axton or Zer0, not sure yet.
Zer0 is pretty fun, but I hope you like smacking things in the face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
so much colorful compared to the first game

the script is hilarious
Claptrap funny.