#1 Leon fan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Phase 1: Elsword Awakened Phase 1 â€“ Skill Balance, New Active Skills, and Free Skill | Elsword Blog
Elsword Awakened Phase 1 – Skill Balance, New Active Skills, and Free Skill
What’s up, Elpeeps!
GM Skillz here! Last week, I hinted to our players on the livestream that there will be a game changer patch soon. What exactly is this “game changer”? How does new active skills for base jobs, level 60 PVP sets, a free skill reset and a full on character rebalance sound?
Behold, Elsword Awakened
Wait a minute, the Kill3rCombo team likes to do things big and we don’t feel that is big enough for our players. Be sure to read below to know more about the Elsword Awakened Phase 1 patch and what it means for you!
All New Stuff!
- Base Job Skills – All characters are getting new basic skills so be prepared to adjust your skill setup for a new play style! Elsword gets to do some tumbling with his new Roll skill while Aisha lights up ground with Flame Wave. You’ll have to log in after the patch and check out what the others are getting. *evil laugh*
- Basic Combos – Certain characters will be getting new combo moves or animations. A big noticeable change is when Rena performs her XXXX combo. You will notice she is replacing the downward single arrow shot with a backflip double arrow shot.
- PVP Titles and Level 60 Sets – PVP enthusiasts can acquire 10 new titles and new, exclusive equipment sets. It’s time to bring your swagger on in the arena and sparring rooms. You are going to have to unleash some mad skillz on the Epic NPCs if you want to get the new PVP titles.
- Boss Drops – Old swag gets replaced with all new loot. Shiny!
- Skill Rebalance – Elsword launched with 3 characters and now we have 6! We are in need of a rebalance of all characters to keep things even. The distribution of skill points among possible skills gets an overhaul. As a result, all Skill Points will be reset completely! Free do-over!
- Quest Flow – We have completely revamped the quest flow so you don’t have to run back and forth between Feita, Altera and Velder. You can anticipate a Job Change Quest update, improved clear conditions on some Story quests, and changes in appropriate dungeon levels, among others.
- Arena Matching – We tweaked the arena matching system to make it more balanced between players’ skills, adjusted the player’s spawning location, and randomized item’s spawning location.
- Character Animation – Better animation lends to a more engaging Elsword experience. You will notice a few changes on a few of the character animations. For example, Aisha’s mana regeneration was revamped into a more aggressive look. Raven’s running animation was revised to make it more fluid with his movement. You work on your combo moves, we work on the visuals.
- No Delay for Special Actives and Awakening – Unleash your combos more fluidly and evolve your playing style. Special Active skills no longer delay your partners, and awakening freeze time has been adjusted as well. More importantly, you can link basic combos with special actives more fluidly than ever. I am expecting to see some more creative combos and play styles in the next livestream and PvP tournament, so be sure to practice!
We’re adding new info about the patch here, so stay tuned. Elsword Awakened happens August 29th!
Discussion Topic: Tell us what you think of the new changes to Elsword in the comments below!