View Single Post
08-11-2012   #5 (permalink)
KahruNYA
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

I did do a couple tests, and they're mostly inconclusive since they would require more trials, but I noticed it could have had something to do with the target(s) in the circle or maybe the map or (I think) just dumb luck.

Test 1: Scorching Earth casts in SE Forest (no targets in the circle upon casting) 100 casts.
Failed: 5/100

Test 2: Scorching Earth casts in Path to Oops (1 or 2 targets initially per cast) 50 casts.
Failed: 9/50

Test 3: Scorching Earth casts in Fiesta Moa Stone map (random # of targets but mostly over 5 each time) 25 casts.
Failed: 7/25

This probably just proves that it's failure rate is completely random (as in static and you cannot affect it) haha.

As for the LK stat, yes, if the monster has more LK than you, Scorching Earth will deal 0 damage (miss) since I don't think it was designed to display "miss".

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.