Thread: Cooking! :D
View Single Post
06-22-2008   #17 (permalink)
Solemn
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

WHOA, these all sound so delicious. I think I'm going to try some of them tomorrow if I have time. In the meantime, here's a recipe for...

Pizza Loaf Pick-Me-Up

Ingredients

- 1 1-pound loaf of frozen bread dough
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen spinach that is thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped, fresh basil
- 12 ounces of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup of sliced and cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/4 pound of thinly sliced pepperoni (Thick is </3!)
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives

Instructions

Let the frozen dough thaw until its pliable, or workable. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 3/4 of the bread dough. Line a greased loaf pan with that dough. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, Parmesan cheese, egg and basil, and set this aside. Place 1/2 of the shredded Mozzarella cheese on top of the bread layer (which is lined in the greased loaf pan). Top it with cooked sausage, the pizza sauce-spinach mixture, the remaining Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, and olives. Try to keep the ingredients layered for organization and presentation.

Roll the remaining dough into a rectangular shape and cover it to fit loaf pan. Cover all fillings, and seal edges by pressing them firmly together. Cut off the excess dough and two slits on top of the loaf to let steam escape. Bake it in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Then, remove it from the oven, and let it cool in the loaf pan for about 15 minutes. Remove it, then, from the pan, and allow a cooling time of at least an hour. It's easier to slice when it's cooled down.

This is great, because you can serve it warmed up or cooled down, so it's perfect for pretty much any season (preferably cooled during the summer, I would assume).

This makes 8 servings (since I never exactly make it for only myself, unless I have those days when I want to feel tubby [68 pounds of pure tubbiness]). Modify proportions to your liking, and enjoy!