View Single Post
07-26-2012   #1 (permalink)
Mega
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Too much protection?

Hi guys,

I just had to reinstall my Windows 7 because my computer was lagging so bad no matter what program it was (Firefox, League of Legends, etc), but was wondering about anti virus and stuff since I'm starting "new" again.

Before I did a clean install, I had Avast for anti virus, just used the built in Microsoft Firewall, then I had MalwareBytes, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster, Advanced System Care, then CCleaner and Defraggler.

Is that way too much for a computer? I've never really been taught about what you should load on a computer to make sure it's protected in these computer classes I'm taking. Some of my friends only use Microsoft Security Essentials and get by just fine with it, but they aren't heavy internet / gamers like I am.

-----------

Another question too, when your putting protection on a machine what (for the lack of a better wordage) "roles do you need to fill" ?

I know you need:
-Anti Virus
-A Firewall
-Anti Malware
-Anti Spyware

Is there any thing else you need to cover?

Sorry for so many questions