View Single Post
07-24-2012   #17 (permalink)
Sanichi
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Viewing it by an age point of view would be similar to the ban of sword carrying during 1876 in Japan. I know individuals who own guns, carry them in their homes and often use them for recreational activities like hunting like I noted before. I know people whom have had parents whom have own guns their entire lives and never seen their parents fire them their entire lives. I know individuals who work in the law enforcement line of work or even the military who wouldn't ban guns from civilian access. I've had a friend personally witness individuals prowling around his home only to chase the offender out with a weapon. I've seen people use guns to clear wild snakes near their property to protect something as simple as a chicken pen.

Most people simply view guns as another weapon, comparable to the sword. I'm just stating this, because, the gun is not leaving America anytime soon. You would likely sooner ban alcohol. Even with a ban, people will still have guns, crimes will still happen, the only difference will be normal citizens will turn in their weapons while criminal will still hold on to theirs and at the very least the prideful citizen might simply keep their weapon.

One side note, if everyone has guns, wouldn't it be scary to be a criminal as well?

EDIT: Personally, I nothing against gun control if you could stop gun production all together in all countries, restricting it from even law enforcement. Otherwise, it's not quite at all possible to eliminate the presence of guns anywhere. I'd like a place where no one used guns on one another myself, but, the world isn't perfect.

/ / / Playing: DM

Last edited by Sanichi; 07-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.